Le Forum de Zelda
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum zeldaïque français

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Aliexpress : codes promo valables sur tout le site
Voir le deal

This is very sweet.

4 participants
AuteurMessage
DieuDuVent
Voyageur(se)
Voyageur(se)
DieuDuVent

Masculin

This is very sweet. Empty
MessageSujet: This is very sweet.   This is very sweet. Icon_minitimeMer 05 Jan 2011, 10:09

Thank you, Iricia, for making this section of the forum.

I'm not sure what there is to talk about, because I don't like feeling off-topic. Maybe this is where someone can explain why what I'm saying in French is incorrect. Wink

Anyway, I don't have much to say. But thank you again, I very much appreciate it. I also enjoy this forum very much. I might not post a lot, but I'm working on it.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
alex wind waker
Voyageur(se)
Voyageur(se)
alex wind waker

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: This is very sweet.   This is very sweet. Icon_minitimeMer 05 Jan 2011, 12:31

Your french is correct ; no?
Iricia
Roi(eine) d'Hyrule
Roi(eine) d'Hyrule
Iricia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: This is very sweet.   This is very sweet. Icon_minitimeMer 05 Jan 2011, 13:36

French is a very difficult language because there's a lot of rules that may not seem logical at all.
When you have heard French all your life you can say when a sentence goes wrong but there's still a lot of people who keep making mistakes even if they're natives.

I think you're understandable that's the most important. You inverts some words but you don't use wrong words Smile
Knight Link
Moderateur(trice)
Moderateur(trice)
Knight Link

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: This is very sweet.   This is very sweet. Icon_minitimeMer 05 Jan 2011, 18:24

if it makes you feel any better i still make some mistakes Smile And Iricia is right yet again, french is a difficult language mainly because of all the tenses for conjugating verbs (alot of times i look up the verb in a conjugating dictionary to make sure i don't make a mistake )

In anycase im sure you'll be a pro in french in a couple of weeks!!
http://zelda-forum.forumotions.net
DieuDuVent
Voyageur(se)
Voyageur(se)
DieuDuVent

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: This is very sweet.   This is very sweet. Icon_minitimeMer 05 Jan 2011, 19:39

I doubt in a couple of weeks! I've been working on my own for about a year now and don't feel like I've progressed much.

However, thanks to Iricia, I'm beginning to understand how to use "en." Smile

This is something that fascinates me--you guys say French is difficult, but I don't think it's anywhere NEAR as difficult as English. The way my English teacher put it: "English is an always-except language. As in, 'This rule is always true...except when it's not.'"

The more I've studied French, the more I've realized English is ridiculous. Almost nothing is consistent pronunciation wise (comb/tomb/bomb?), most of our common verbs are irregular (teach/taught, preach/preached?), and it's silly in general. Although I do like the lack of accents (that has been one of my biggest challenges in picking up French). I'm often glad it's my first language, because I don't think I could pick it up as a second--but you guys seem to have done just fine. -.-

Do French kids ever complain about French? I'd like to see that. (I feel a French v. English discussion thread coming on... Wink )
Knight Link
Moderateur(trice)
Moderateur(trice)
Knight Link

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: This is very sweet.   This is very sweet. Icon_minitimeJeu 06 Jan 2011, 00:12

personaly i find english way easier than french, which is why i'm taking some of my exams for the Bac in english ^^'
in english there's masculin and feminin just like in french but when it comes to personal pronouns, in french you have: je, tu, on/il/elle, nous, vous, ils/elles. Where as in english you only have: I, you, he/she, us, them.
Further more in french you have to accord the verb to the personal pronoun you use, to the verbe d'etat/action and to the tense you're using...
french is hard Smile
Iricia
Roi(eine) d'Hyrule
Roi(eine) d'Hyrule
Iricia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: This is very sweet.   This is very sweet. Icon_minitimeJeu 06 Jan 2011, 02:52

Conjugating verbs is the most difficult thing in French, I have myself difficulties with all the rules about subjunctive and other things like that and I check really often my Bescherelle (the reference book for conjugation, grammar and spelling. I think what helps me a lot is that I did seven years of Latin and it gives you some help (not with conjugation).

You said that in English there's a lot of always-except rules, and in French too !
Here's some examples :
To change a word for its plural form you have to add an "s" but not for some words which take and "x" > "chou"->"choux"
In fact there are seven words that don't share this rule : bijou (jewel), caillou(pebble), chou(cabbage), genou(knee), hibou(owl), joujou(toy), pou(louse)
And there are the nouns that end by -ail. Some of them take -aux in plural :
un travail, des travaux
some don't : un chandail, des chandails (sweater)
DieuDuVent
Voyageur(se)
Voyageur(se)
DieuDuVent

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: This is very sweet.   This is very sweet. Icon_minitimeJeu 06 Jan 2011, 11:05

/)_(\ It makes my head spin!

Knight, what do you mean English has masculine and feminine? A boat is a boat, a book is a book, there aren't genders for different words. Unless I'm missing something.

Another thing that interests me is how different speakers process information. For example, I grew up learning subject-verb-object, so that's what makes sense to me.

Par exemple, "You ask me."

But in French, it's subject-object-verb, something my English brain still has trouble comprehending.

"Tu me demandes."

And don't even get me started on reflexive verbs.

At the end of the day, I have trouble assigning meanings to French words. I generally don't look at a word like "une chaise" and see a picture of a chair in my head. I have to think, "Une chaise...that means chair," and then I see a picture of a chair in my head. So when I study, I try to avoid using direct French-to-English definitions so I can more effectively "think" in the language.

Cheers!
Knight Link
Moderateur(trice)
Moderateur(trice)
Knight Link

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: This is very sweet.   This is very sweet. Icon_minitimeJeu 06 Jan 2011, 19:21

i was only talking verb wise for masculin feminin. But thank you for bringing that up! haha an other somewhat difficult rule in french Razz
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: This is very sweet.   This is very sweet. Icon_minitime

This is very sweet.
Page 1 sur 1