Le Forum de Zelda
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum zeldaïque français

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON AVR-X2800H, Enceinte ...
1190 € 1950 €
Voir le deal

Books

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Iricia
Roi(eine) d'Hyrule
Roi(eine) d'Hyrule
Iricia

Féminin

Books Empty
MessageSujet: Books   Books Icon_minitimeLun 10 Jan 2011, 07:11

Oy,

Here you can talk about books you like, you dislike! Make us dream, give us the desire to read in English.
You can also introduce French books but always in English Wink

I begin!
I read some books in English like the famous Harry Potter saga. I try to find two books that are no more published :
-The voyage of the basset by James C.Christensen from which the film The voyage of the Unicorn was made. I love that film and wish to read the story from its origin. But I can't find it in any library (I went to Mollat (one of the biggest library in Europe) last week but they say it's no more published... what a pity!). So I will try to find it on the net but before that I hope that maybe you have some information about it or other readings like this one (fantasy, fantastic, adventure, voyage to an other world of magic)
-The little white horse by Elizabeth Goudge that seems to be a beautiful story of magic too (yeah I like magical beings and stories a lot !) ! And also from what I know, it's a famous story in England. The film "The Secret of Moonacre" was made from this novel but I didn't see it, I was so much more interesting by the book that I forgot to go to the cinema Very Happy

Have you heard about this two? Other readings to introduce?
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
DieuDuVent
Voyageur(se)
Voyageur(se)
DieuDuVent

Masculin

Books Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Books   Books Icon_minitimeMer 12 Jan 2011, 09:51

I've never heard of the books you mentioned, but they sound quite interesting. Smile

At the moment, I'm reading A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. Basically, it's about just that--a power game played by kings and people in power. I really enjoy it, but it's a little dense. I'm a slow reader anyway, but the amount of detail Martin puts into his work makes it difficult to read sometimes. His character development is nearly flawless and I hope to finish it soon so I can move on to the next book in Martin's series.

I'm also reading Le Petit Prince for the first time. It's also a slow read for me but only because there is a lot of French I've never seen before. I might read it in English first and then work through the French again.

There are other books I enjoy but I'm too tired to think of them at the moment.

I tried to find these books for you, Iricia, but to no avail! Where did you hear about these books?
Iricia
Roi(eine) d'Hyrule
Roi(eine) d'Hyrule
Iricia

Féminin

Books Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Books   Books Icon_minitimeMer 12 Jan 2011, 16:00

In the filmography... A friend told me that she saw The Secret of Moonacre and that she read carefully the titles and see that it was done from a book named The little white horse and that her grandmother told her about this book once and said that it was a beautiful story that reflects the English culture. That's why I searched for the author and found that it was Elizabeth Goudge. I have found the book on Amazon !
For the voyage of the basset. I just wanted to see the film again (my parents have it on DVD) and I just couldn't resist. And because I was thinking about Harry Potter, I wondered if that film was made from a novel. And yeah it was ! I finally find it too on Amazon (no adds XD) and in fact it is really expansive for the new one (nearly 100$ !) but it seems really beautiful ! It's also really famous beacause some new authors made some kind of adaptation with making novels about the world that Christensen created for the voyage of the basset! (you can see an extract here : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1885183585/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller= )

EDIT : ahah just midnight when I posted this. I just wanted to say that I have bought them yesterday from a shop in San Francisco and an other in USA. I will receive them in February ! So many days to wait !!!!! Fortunately I have all my new books of tales from Morocco, China (already finish this one), Africa and one about all the countries most famous tales (there are all in French and I don't think they exist in English). And I still haven't finish "Si els fées m'étaient contées" a book about all the French tales of the last century from Charles Perrault to Jean Cocteau (but it's ancient French, so even for me not always easy to read)
Contenu sponsorisé

Books Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Books   Books Icon_minitime

Books
Page 1 sur 1